How to Future Proof Your Home
Comfort All Year Round
Roof insulation, also known as ceiling insulation, is the single most important insulation in your home. Without it, your home can not possibly be energy efficient. It is most likely going to be uncomfortable and very expensive to heat and to cool without good insulation coverage.
To buy the best Roof Insulation products for your home
What is Roof Insulation
Roof insulation is an essential part of maintaining a comfortable and energy-efficient home. It helps to keep warm air inside during winter and cool air in during summer, helping you save money on your energy bills.
ecoMaster’s philosophy is to use people friendly and environmentally friendly materials that successfully address the issues of:
- Non-toxic – 0 VOCs
- Non-irritant – no itchy fibres
- Non-allergenic – does not contain glues or binders
- Fire – will not carry a flame
- Water – not damaged by water
- Rodents – not appealing to rodents
- Compression – will hold its loft for the life of the warranty period
- Recyclability – made from recycled materials and can also be recycled
Ceiling insulation provides a layer of thermal resistance (measured in R value) to external heat and cold temperatures. Good quality roof insulation will help your home to retain the heating and cooling of your air conditioning / heating in your home. The higher the R value the greater the thermal benefit.
With the current Australian National Construction Code it is not legal to build a new home without roof insulation. However, for existing homes there can be a range of insulation cover from “none” through to “quite good”.
There are two factors to how well your roof insulation performs:
- The R value of your insulation
- How well your roof insulation has been installed
The Benefits of Roof Insulation
- Reduces loss of energy for heating and cooling
- Creates a more consistent indoor temperature, helping to maintain comfort
- Enhances noise insulation, providing a peaceful atmosphere in your home
- Minimises condensation build-up, protecting against mould growth
- Decreases your home’s contribution to air pollution and climate change.
“Easy to handle and install. Worth the money!”
– Jason E
“So easy to work with. Easy to tear into perfect sized pieces when you’re up in the roof. Highly recommend this product.”
– Alissa R.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much does roof insulation cost?
That is an excellent question that has a multiple of answers. It depends upon how much insulation you need, what R rating you need and which product you are choosing. Be mindful that just because insulation is “out of sight” does not mean that its something to cut corners on. The right amount of good quality, installed correctly will pay you back for years.
For pricing information, click here.
What are the most common types of roof insulation?
There are 3 main types of ceiling insulation:
Bulk insulation uses pockets of trapped air within its structure to resist heat and cold transfer. Generally it comes in batts or rolls. Reflective insulation is material with a reflective facing. Generally this is foil faced kraft paper, foil bubble wrap. Its main focus is to reflect heat. Composite insulation is a combination of bulk and reflective insulation.